July 17, 2013
Is Your Security a High Wire Act? This Access-Control Checklist Can Help
You can add a title to your business card — Professional High Wire Artist— because proper management of your company’s security needs is a balancing act.
You appreciate security, and obviously want to protect your property and people against damage, theft and other kinds of harm. Meanwhile, you value sensibility, and don’t want to become obtrusive and uninviting with an unnecessary lock-down system.
Across the country, other business and property owners feel the same way. They need to provide access control within their organizations, yet still maintain business operations. Thankfully, there’s an answer that can keep your organization at equilibrium — equal parts secure and inviting.
We like to call this solution “Managed Access Control.”
You can provide building and door-entry access to the right people, when and where they need it, while still protecting your premises, providing a safer work environment for your employees without “going overboard.”
One key is no longer dealing with keys. Mechanical keys tell no tales. If inventory or supplies go missing, you may have no way to determine who unlocked the door, even when you have a key-control policy in place.
Here’s a checklist to ensure your security system is providing proper access control:
- You know who enters and exits your business at all times of the day.
- You have the ability to limit unauthorized entry to your business to certain employees at different times of the day.
- You can choose to have different levels of security at different entry points, based on your needs.
- Your system is easy to install, set up and use.
- You are able to respond to an emergency situation immediately.
- You can make a change to employee access privileges at any time via the Internet.
- You are notified immediately when a possible security breach occurs.
- You can view door-entry patterns and employee movement at your facility at a frequency that make sense (daily, weekly or monthly).
- You don’t need dedicated computers, software and people to manage the system.
Deciding on the right security level for your business is important. We can simplify the process and make sure you have an access-control solution that fits your needs. Call us today at 800-222-3126.
Ready to protect your assets? Let's Talk.
Copyright 2020, Dunbar Security Solutions Inc.